Featurespace is the world leader in Adaptive Behavioural Analytics machine learning software. We block fraud in real time and help organisations outsmart risk by spotting criminals and customer’s behavioural anomalies - our mission is to make Featurespace the technology of choice for fraud and risk management.
We are very much a human company not just a tech company and our biggest asset is our people. Our enthusiastic, dynamic and ambitious team is led by CEO Martina King - one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Payments 2018 and one of Grant Thornton's Faces of a Vibrant Economy 2017.
We’ve had consecutive years of outstanding growth and commercial success, named a Tech City 'Future 50' company for 2018 and Deloitte Tech Fast 50 Company for 2016 and 2017.
Meet Lucy, Senior Data Scientist at Featurespace
Check out Lucy's blog to see what life at Featurespace is really like!
Advanced data science is the foundation of our unique technological approach at Featurespace and is the driving force behind our ongoing business success.
To maintain our lead at the cutting-edge of analytics, Featurespace is looking for an outstanding data scientist who will contribute to the successful application of our technology and help to grow our business.
As part of Featurespace’s data science team, you will be building advanced statistical models and algorithms that infer and predict individual customer behaviours in real-time, based on retail, online and ecommerce transaction data.
If you have an acute analytical mind, and would enjoy applying your energies and skills to real-world commercial problems to deliver value to customers, then we would like to hear from you.
- End-to-end processing and modelling of large customer data sets
- Applying analytical theory to diverse real-world problems on larger and dynamic datasets
- Contributing to the development of statistical models and algorithms for integration within Featurespace products
- Producing materials to feed back analytic output to customers (reports, presentations, visualisations)
- Working collaboratively with customers to develop and optimise algorithms tailored to their data
- Evaluating and improving the analytical results on live systems
Developing an understanding of industry data structures and processes:
- Working with engineering/development teams to support and enhance the analytical infrastructure
- Working with QA teams to advise on effective analytical testing
- Degree-level qualification with good mathematical background, including knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- A Ph.D. or other postgraduate qualification would be an advantage but is not essential
- Experience in implementing statistical models and analytical algorithms in software
- Experience using Python, Java, R or another major programming language for data analysis, machine learning and algorithm development
- Some exposure to the handling of large, diverse, real-world data sets would be beneficial
- Willingness to learn new technologies and an ability to effectively apply them
- Capacity to quickly understand complex systems
- Problem-solving skills (especially in data-centric applications)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise personal workload
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Enjoys working in a team of like-minded and intelligent people to solve complex problems
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibilities
- A passion to learn new skills and technologies
- Attention to grammatical detail, layout and presentation
- A desire to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Training and mentoring schemes
- Career growth opportunities
- Free Friday team lunches at our Cambridge, London & Atlanta offices
- Quarterly social, team building events
- Weekly lunchtime sports clubs
- Fridges packed full of edible treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
- Top notch coffee machines
- Board game evenings
- Cycle to Work scheme
How to apply
If you think you’re a good fit for the role above, we would love to hear from you.
Fill out the short application form, upload your CV and one of the team will get back to you.
Please note: we are only able to accept applications from people who are already eligible to work in the UK.
If you have any questions or querys regarding this role, or life at Featurespace, please contact email@example.com
Featurespace Job Application Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which Featurespace Ltd will process Personal Data relating to job applicants.
The Data Controller is Featurespace Ltd., 3rd Floor, Broers Building, Hauser Forum, 21 JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FA
Featurespace Ltd., is committed to comply with the General Data Protection Legislation and any implementing legislation (the “Data Protection Legislation”) and will process your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and information security legislation.
Any capitalised terms used in this Privacy Notice shall be given the same definition as in the Data Protection Legislation. Data refers to both Personal Data and Special Categories of Data.
Your job application and the Personal Data held within it will be processed to assess your viability for the stated role. We may also process any information that you provide about your health, for the sole purpose of assessing whether any adjustments may need to be made to the recruitment process to accommodate you .
If your application is unsuccessful, Featurespace will retain your Data for 24 months after the end of the recruitment process.
Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with our legitimate interests of making sound recruitment decisions. You are under no obligation to provide us with your Personal Data. However without this, we cannot assess your job application.
We will only process information about your health for the purpose of making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process (if applicable), in accordance with our legal obligations.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your Data:
- The right to be informed about how your Data is processed.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Data based on our legitimate interests as outlined above.
- The right of access, to your Data and supplementary information relating to our use of your Data. In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to charge you for exercising this right.
- The right to rectification, if your Data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- In certain circumstances, the right to erasure, request the deletion of, or removal of, your Data.
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict processing, block any further processing of your Data.
- We shall respond to any request made by you without delay and in any case within a month of your request.
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that your data protection/privacy rights have been breached.
Your application will be submitted and stored on an application database (Greenhouse). Access to your Data on Greenhouse is limited to the relevant persons for your application- our internal recruiters, the hiring manager and interviewer(s).
Your CV may be printed and shown to consulted decision makers, any physical copies will be securely and confidentially destroyed after a decision has been made on your application.
Your CV is transferred to a third country, outside of the EEA, when it is processed by Greenhouse. Greenhouse meet the technical and organisational data security measures outlined in the GDPR Article 32, and are SOC2 Type II certified.
We do not envisage that any decision will be taken about your application using automated means.