Featurespace – the world-leader in Adaptive Behavioural Analytics – is looking to hire an Implementation Engineer to be part of our implementation team based in Cambridge.
We are a technology company that brings new insights through new ways of treating data. Our cutting-edge ARIC software system has many applications and is having a huge impact on fraud, risk and compliance.
We are very much a human company, not just a tech company, and our biggest asset is our people. Here at Featurespace, our board is made up of some of the most successful technology entrepreneurs in the UK and includes Dr. Mike Lynch, Dr. Robert Samson, Martina King, David Excell and Gordon Hurst.
- Managing the end-to-end deployment and configuration of our award-winning ARIC platform, on-premise or hosted in the cloud.
- Mentoring and training more junior colleagues, both in the context of deployment projects and code reviews.
- Configuring and testing integration of customers’ data sources into the ARIC APIs.
- Assisting in the design and development of customer business rules in the ARIC platform.
- Designing and writing test cases to ensure the quality of code delivered to customers.
- Supporting customers throughout the lifecycle of a deployment, from initial engagement to post-live support and maintenance.
- Assisting with designing and documenting suitable customer solutions using deep understanding of a customer’s core business problem.
- Designing the best way to deploy and configure the ARIC platform to meet customer needs, identifying custom and repeatable changes that this would produce.
- Developing plugin modules e.g. for data ingestion or transformation.
- Working closely with development, data science and QA staff to ensure new features are built, tested, and deployed for a customer on time.
- Occasionally travelling on-site to a customer’s environment – UK or abroad.
- Strong academic background in a relevant discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering.
- Experience with working in a Linux environment.
- Experience of involvement in multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience in a customer facing role in the tech industry.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to a range of different audiences – from highly technical to non-technical business owners.
- Strong experience with shell scripting (Bash preferred).
- Familiarity with web services (e.g. REST), and associated components (e.g. JSON).
- Experience of working with distributed systems (e.g. Apache Zookeeper, Apache Kafka).
- Experience with deploying software in cloud-based environments (e.g. AWS).
- Experience writing production-quality code (Python or Java preferred).
- Experience with database architecture and scripting (e.g. SQL or MongoDB).
- Experience with source control (e.g. Gitlab).
- Familiarity with DevOps and software testing concepts (e.g. continuous integration, test-driven-development).
- PhD in a scientific or numerate discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering.
- Must enjoy working in a team of like-minded and intelligent people to solve complex problems.
- A passion to expand your repertoire of technical experience.
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibilities.
- Rigorous attention to detail, both in your communication and your desire to deliver high-quality software.
- Enthusiasm for leading implementation project teams, and mentoring more junior colleagues.
- A passion to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.