Featurespace is the world leader in Adaptive Behavioural Analytics machine learning software. We block fraud in real time and help organisations outsmart risk by spotting criminals and customer’s behavioural anomalies - our mission is to make Featurespace the technology of choice for fraud and risk management.
We are very much a human company not just a tech company and our biggest asset is our people. Our enthusiastic, dynamic and ambitious team is led by CEO Martina King - one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Payments 2018 and one of Grant Thornton's Faces of a Vibrant Economy 2017.
We’ve had consecutive years of outstanding growth and commercial success, named a Tech City 'Future 50' company for 2018 and Deloitte Tech Fast 50 Company for 2016 and 2017.
Our team is growing, and we're looking for a seriously support-loving person to add to the mix.
We're currently providing technical support for our machine learning platform, ARIC, but we want our support function to make a difference. We take pride in how we do what we do, and the impact it makes on the relationship with our customers.
When customers say what they love about Featurespace, “Customer Support” should be at the top of their list. We empower every member of our Customer Support team as not only an employee but also a customer advocate. At the end of the day, our number one goal is making our customers happy.
Read the blog to find out more: Life at Featurespace: Customer Technical Support
Starting on a fast track learning program, you will quickly develop your knowledge and learn skills in all areas of our product and believe us there is a lot to learn! You will have opportunities to get involved with supporting our customer's deployments after installation, technical diagnosis of issues and resolving of problems, helping to shape processes, integrating internal tools, building small applications to speed up our internal work and much more.
There are endless opportunities to bring personality to all interactions, deliver unexpected value, and show the customers (and the world) what a difference a great enthusiastic support service can make!
On top of that, you will have an opportunity to deploy your skills to work on exciting internal projects or challenges in your team and across the business. There are ample opportunities here!
Please remember, you do not need to tick all the boxes. If you are passionate about the position and hungry for knowledge, we would love to hear from you!
- Good degree in a scientific or numerate discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering
- A basic understanding of the Linux operating system is a must. You should be comfortable using tools like vi, grep, awk and sed and be able to write simple scripts
- Familiarity with computers and technology
- An understanding of source control, database architecture and programming (Java or Python preferred)
- Experience in customer facing role. Don't worry if not gained through working in the tech environment - we are all about transferable skills!
- Fearless communicator - all your presentation and essay writing skills will come in handy
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Ability to cope under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibilities
- Passion to learn new skills and technologies
- Natural focus on providing excellent customer service and support
- A passion to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role, wearing many different hats from day to day, and a great can-do attitude.
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Training and mentoring schemes
- Career growth opportunities
- Free Friday team lunches at our Cambridge, London & Atlanta offices
- Quarterly social, team building events
- Weekly lunchtime sports clubs
- Fridge packed full of edible treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
- Top notch coffee machines
- Strategy board game evenings
- Cycle to Work scheme
How to apply
If you think you’re a good fit for the role above, we would love to hear from you.
Fill out the short application form, upload your CV and one of the team will get back to you.
Please note: we are only able to accept applications from people who are already eligible to work in the UK.
If you have any questions or querys regarding this role, or life at Featurespace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Featurespace Job Application Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which Featurespace Ltd will process Personal Data relating to job applicants.
The Data Controller is Featurespace Ltd., 3rd Floor, Broers Building, Hauser Forum, 21 JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FA
Featurespace Ltd., is committed to comply with the General Data Protection Legislation and any implementing legislation (the “Data Protection Legislation”) and will process your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and information security legislation.
Any capitalised terms used in this Privacy Notice shall be given the same definition as in the Data Protection Legislation. Data refers to both Personal Data and Special Categories of Data.
Your job application and the Personal Data held within it will be processed to assess your viability for the stated role. We may also process any information that you provide about your health, for the sole purpose of assessing whether any adjustments may need to be made to the recruitment process to accommodate you .
If your application is unsuccessful, Featurespace will retain your Data for 24 months after the end of the recruitment process.
Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with our legitimate interests of making sound recruitment decisions. You are under no obligation to provide us with your Personal Data. However without this, we cannot assess your job application.
We will only process information about your health for the purpose of making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process (if applicable), in accordance with our legal obligations.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your Data:
- The right to be informed about how your Data is processed.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Data based on our legitimate interests as outlined above.
- The right of access, to your Data and supplementary information relating to our use of your Data. In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to charge you for exercising this right.
- The right to rectification, if your Data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- In certain circumstances, the right to erasure, request the deletion of, or removal of, your Data.
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict processing, block any further processing of your Data.
- We shall respond to any request made by you without delay and in any case within a month of your request.
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that your data protection/privacy rights have been breached.
Your application will be submitted and stored on an application database (Greenhouse). Access to your Data on Greenhouse is limited to the relevant persons for your application- our internal recruiters, the hiring manager and interviewer(s).
Your CV may be printed and shown to consulted decision makers, any physical copies will be securely and confidentially destroyed after a decision has been made on your application.
Your CV is transferred to a third country, outside of the EEA, when it is processed by Greenhouse. Greenhouse meet the technical and organisational data security measures outlined in the GDPR Article 32, and are SOC2 Type II certified.
We do not envisage that any decision will be taken about your application using automated means.