Featurespace is the world leader in Adaptive Behavioural Analytics machine learning software. We block fraud in real time and help organisations outsmart risk by spotting criminals and customer’s behavioural anomalies - our mission is to make Featurespace the technology of choice for fraud and risk management.
We are very much a human company not just a tech company and our biggest asset is our people. Our enthusiastic, dynamic and ambitious team is led by CEO Martina King - one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Payments 2018 and one of Grant Thornton's Faces of a Vibrant Economy 2017.
We’ve had consecutive years of outstanding growth and commercial success, named a Tech City 'Future 50' company for 2018 and Deloitte Tech Fast 50 Company for 2016 and 2017.
Join the mailing list!
Learn more about jobs at Featurespace & recieve Cinema Club invites!
We're looking for a passionate and driven DevOps Engineer to join our growing Engineering team here at Featurespace. The role will see you building the tools, infrastructure, and diagnostics to support deployment, continuous integration, and operations of Featurespace's award-winning ARIC platform, both into internal test and customer environments. You will also be responsible for iterating well-tested, commercial, quality code through design, QA, and deployment into production.
- End-to-end ownership of software used to install, upgrade, and perform continuous production operations of Featurespace’s ARIC platform, both self-hosted and on-premise with clients
- Writing and maintaining software tools and data integration code
- Supporting our delivery and customer support teams to deploy and maintain installations
- Performance analysis and optimisation of active software deployments
- Developing and deploying automation technologies in areas such as continuous integration, containerisation and automated system deployment
- Assisting with technical diagnosis of issues to resolve live customer problems
- Significant experience in an engineering role in a commercial environment
- Extensive experience with Linux, bash scripts and command line tools (awk/sed/grep/ellipsis)
- Comfortable with one or more programming languages (Java/Python preferred)
- Experience with modern IDEs and VCS tools (git)
- Experience of the following would be a strong advantage:
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure
- Orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Automation and CI/CD tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins
- Web services and message queues
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Quick to learn new technologies – curiosity and passion to learn
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritise appropriately
- Desire to handle a broad range of responsibilities, covering end-to-end ownership of complex software areas
- Must enjoy working in a team of like-minded and intelligent people to solve complex problems
- A passion to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
- Quarterly bonus awards
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Career growth and training opportunities
- Friday team takeaway delivered to the office
- Quarterly social, team building events
- Weekly lunchtime sports clubs
- Discounted gym membership
- Fridges full of treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
- Freshly ground coffee machines
- Pension scheme
- Weekly board game evenings with pizza
- Cycle to Work schemes
How to apply
If you think you’re a good fit for the role above, we would love to hear from you.
Fill out the short application form, upload your CV and one of the team will get back to you.
Please note: we are only able to accept applications from people who are already eligible to work in the UK.
If you have any questions or querys regarding this role, or life at Featurespace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Featurespace Job Application Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which Featurespace Ltd will process Personal Data relating to job applicants.
The Data Controller is Featurespace Ltd., 3rd Floor, Broers Building, Hauser Forum, 21 JJ Thomson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 0FA
Featurespace Ltd., is committed to comply with the General Data Protection Legislation and any implementing legislation (the “Data Protection Legislation”) and will process your Personal Data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and information security legislation.
Any capitalised terms used in this Privacy Notice shall be given the same definition as in the Data Protection Legislation. Data refers to both Personal Data and Special Categories of Data.
Your job application and the Personal Data held within it will be processed to assess your viability for the stated role. We may also process any information that you provide about your health, for the sole purpose of assessing whether any adjustments may need to be made to the recruitment process to accommodate you .
If your application is unsuccessful, Featurespace will retain your Data for 24 months after the end of the recruitment process.
Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with our legitimate interests of making sound recruitment decisions. You are under no obligation to provide us with your Personal Data. However without this, we cannot assess your job application.
We will only process information about your health for the purpose of making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process (if applicable), in accordance with our legal obligations.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your Data:
- The right to be informed about how your Data is processed.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Data based on our legitimate interests as outlined above.
- The right of access, to your Data and supplementary information relating to our use of your Data. In certain circumstances, we reserve the right to charge you for exercising this right.
- The right to rectification, if your Data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- In certain circumstances, the right to erasure, request the deletion of, or removal of, your Data.
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict processing, block any further processing of your Data.
- We shall respond to any request made by you without delay and in any case within a month of your request.
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that your data protection/privacy rights have been breached.
Your application will be submitted and stored on an application database (Greenhouse). Access to your Data on Greenhouse is limited to the relevant persons for your application- our internal recruiters, the hiring manager and interviewer(s).
Your CV may be printed and shown to consulted decision makers, any physical copies will be securely and confidentially destroyed after a decision has been made on your application.
Your CV is transferred to a third country, outside of the EEA, when it is processed by Greenhouse. Greenhouse meet the technical and organisational data security measures outlined in the GDPR Article 32, and are SOC2 Type II certified.
We do not envisage that any decision will be taken about your application using automated means.